Thursday 18 November 2010

Cold Thursday

It feels very cold at the moment, I suppose you could say that it is November so we should expect it to be cold, it just means that to keep my shop Coccuveda warm and welcoming and in order to keep a nice working temperature i have to resort to using lots of expensive electricity and have my little fan heater on (constantly!!!) sorry Neil!! I do have to work, so I need it. At the moment I have a couple of projects on the go, i have almost finished a lovely bridal piece using some ivory vintage lace ( i just had enough) freshwater pearls and swarovski crystals, hopefully i will be able to post a picture over the next couple of days. Something else that i am making is a little head piece for myself, hopefully a Victorian looking piece. Next Friday evening (26th Nov) there is a special event I Rothbury to celebrate the200th  birthday of Lord Armstrong from Cragside, the event includes a night time procession from Cragside down to Rothbury and in Rothbury the shops will all be open late (including Coccuveda), the Christmas lights should all be switched on, carol singers will be singing and shopkeepers should all be sporting Victorian style dress!!!!!! Hence my headpiece. I am making it with a lovely piece of purple tartan and some peacock feathers which my husband found locally, if it works out again I will post some photos

No comments:

Post a Comment