Wednesday 19 June 2013

I am not a Wino!

Over the past few weeks,while working at my creations there has been a  bit of a wine theme. The little canvas with Wine Time.
The jute lunch bags I have decorated.












 Today I have been decorating even more wine related stuff, Jute Wine Gift bags. These bags are environmentally friendly as they can be reused many times.
When deciding how to jazz these bags up to make a gift of a bottle of wine so much more special I quickly decided that stitching decorations on, like the lunch bags, was going to be a wee bit tricky and time consuming. I always like to come up with unique ideas but like the embroidered messages that I do, so after a bit of head scratching whilst looking at my stash of stuff, my bead box shouted at me!
So with beads and wire, felt and buttons, needles and thread and a bit of time here is what I came up with!

The wine bottle is empty, no I haven't just drunk it, it has been in the shop for a while as a prop!

I am quite chuffed how the bags turned out, the beaded tag decoration is removable and could slip over the bottle of wine.


Going back to my opening sentence and to assure you I am not obsessed with wine, this theme has come from purely a business prospective i.e, Supply and Demand. I have made winey things and they have sold, I think lots of people identify with the sayings. So as long as people want to buy crafts with an alcoholic theme I will keep making them.
From taking as a dinner party gift or for an end of term treat for a hard working teacher it would make a pressie that would be a delight to give as well as receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment