Wednesday 24 July 2013

Northumbrian Sea glass.

Over the years, when visiting many of our lovely Northumbrian beaches, my family and I have always picked up any pieces of  sea glass and interesting pebbles that we stumbled upon.

At one point I had a tumbling machine that I used to polished up many of the stones but I have not done anything with them other than display them on a glass dish, they are so tactile and interesting in their glossy smoothness but probably a bit too heavy for jewellery.

The sea glass however I could visualise with pearls and sparkly crystals dangling from sterling silver chain or  colourful complimentary ribbon. The frosted glass always looks fresh and delicate, it really is treasure from the sea.
My Initial attempts at Sea Glass jewellery making has been using the wire wrapping technique that I have been using to make other jewellery pieces recently.

Sea Glass with glass pearl and Swarovski crystals


Aqua sea glass with crystals and abalone shell


White sea glass that could be a sea angel






Sea Glass with Mother of Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment